R4 3DS cards are amazing flash cards that increase the functionality of your R4 3DS cards. Now, a lot of people want to buy R4 3DS cards but if you’re new to buying these specialized cards, there is some important information you need to know first.
In this article, I am hoping to help new R4 3DS cards owners or those people who are looking to buy R4 3DS cards soon to know some important information regarding the R4 3DS cards. This will help them know which features to look out for and what basic features R4 3DS cards perform.
So, without further ado, here is some important information you need to know about R4 3DS cards:
- Custom Firmware- The first important information R4 3DS card owners need to know is the Custom Firmware. You see, the Nintendo 3DS is running on Nintendo’s official firmware by default. This means that your R4 3DS cards are useless when it is still running the official firmware. So, the first thing you need to do is to download and install a custom firmware on your Nintendo 3DS. Only then can you use an R4 3DS card on your Nintendo 3Ds.
- Kernel- R4 3DS cards have kernels built-in them to make them work on whatever firmware you’re using. To make sure that there will be no compatibility issues, it is important to download and install the latest kernels for your particular R4 3DS card. Kernels can be found on the manufacturer’s website. Premium R4 3DS cards such as the Sky3DS and the Gateway 3DS are usually the first ones to release a new kernel update. Just remember, whenever a new firmware is installed, make sure to check your manufacturer’s website for a new kernel to support the new firmware update.
- Features- R4 3DS cards are known for their features. For those of you who do not know what to look for, always look for homebrew games and applications support. Another thing to look out for is the microSD storage capacity. Most R4 3DS cards nowadays can support up to 32GB of microSD capacity. If you want more, you may want to look for an R4 3DS card that supports 64GB and higher.
- MicroSD- With every R4 3DS cards out there, you need to have a very important component inside of it, the microSD card. As previously mentioned, you need to have a microSD card inserted in your R4 3DS card for it to work. 32GB seems to be the sweet spot and all of the current R4 3DS cards on the market support them. If you want more, there are R4 3DS cards out there that support up to 128GB but they are the minority.
- Warranty- Last but definitely the last information you need is the card’s warranty. Most prominent R4 3DS card manufacturers support up to 2-year Warranties. I think that this is the bare minimum and I think that you need to look at this when you’re looking to buy an R4 3DS card soon. If you’re going to be using the R4 3DS card for only a year, then a 1-year warranty will suffice for you.